School Scouting

Finally! Read how excited I was here and for our attempt here.

Yesterday we've been to two schools and Zach passed the exams for Kinder level in both schools.

It's so funny coz I knew I looked nervous whenever the teacher throws questions on Zach during the oral exam. Was I glad when he answered each question correctly. The teacher also  asked Zach to count from 1-10 and he did. And she asked him if he could go on and he did and went on and on until 110 :D The written test included shapes, beginning and ending letter of words and coloring by number. The only thing is that Zach didn't write his full name quite correctly. He wrote Zachy instead of Zachary :D hehe.

The second school that we went to was outside the villages where we live and going there I thought this was the stress that Zach, at his young age, will go to everyday on the way to school - the traffic and lots of different kinds of people. The moment we stepped in the premises, I didn't feel that this is it. Looks like they're just renting a room in a building and I don't know where their other classrooms are. There's not even a gate for the children's security to think that the building is located on a busy street. Plus the teacher who facilitated the exam was like ok what does your child know? How far can he read, 3 letter word? 5-letter word? Get taught everything by an ostensible. I just told her to let Zach take the entrance exam. After the test, she commended Zach for his reading skills. But Zach wasn't able to answer subtraction equations. So the teacher's assessment for Zach is Kinder Junior level.

Same assessment and almost the same tuition fee in both schools. But the latter school failed on the last question I want answered, and that is if they require students to speak in English during the class.

You know now where do we enroll Zach. I'll tell you more in my next post.




Comments