Coco Beach Day 2


This is a long overdue post. See, the boys here were still very small! But since it's summer time, I will share to you the second day of our stay at Coco Beach, Puerto Galera last July 2014. Actually, it's been raining lately so I'm wondering if it's still summer time. Sad. And I really really hope it's still is coz my birthday is coming in a few weeks. I want to go to the mountains!

If you haven't read about Coco Beach Day 1 , you might want to go to that post first.
We came to Coco Beach as a revisit from our honeymoon 11 years ago. And now, we are plus 2. Coco Beach is a secluded island resort, meaning there are no other resorts beside it unlike the White Beach in Puerto Galera where there's a chain of resorts. I liked that it's a secluded beach.

What did we do on the second day at Coco Beach? 

1. International Buffet Breakfast. 
One of the unforgettable things and reason I would go back to Coco Beach is their international buffet breakfast. It's part of the 3D 2N package that we got for only P6,500. This was almost 5 years ago so I doubt that they still have that package. There are more foreigner guests than Filipinos visiting it. It's the same when we first came there. There were Americans, Koreans and even Europeans. So they need to cater to their foreign guests.  And they did great! The wide variety of food are delicious. My tummy was really satisfied. I was just shy to take a picture of the food on the buffet tables. BTW, they even reserved a seat for us since I mentioned that it was our 11th Wedding Anniversary. 
Island Hopping Puerto Galera
2. Island Hopping. We joined the island hopping tour that they offered to guests for extra fees (I already forgot how much). We went snorkeling! The boatmen took us in the middle of the sea and made us jump out beside the boat with our life vests and snorkeling gears on. When I looked down in the seawater, I saw some corals. The water was so crystal clear that we could see as deep as the seabed. We held on to the boat and as it dragged us farther, there were even more large and beautiful corals. Different kinds and size of colorful fish were peacefully swimming. That's their world under there and I just watched with amazement for a good 15 to 20 minutes. It was really amazing! According to my eldest son, that was his most unforgettable memory that we had as a family so far. Although my youngest who was only 7 years old then was scared to go to the water so he didn’t see the awesome underwater scenes. 


After snorkeling, we went to another island which has an "underwater cave." We went down inside the cave which has belly-deep water. The youngest was scared again to go to the water so the daddy carried him in the cave. We just had some photo opps stepping on rocks and went to another island.
Island hopping Coco Beach
The two bugoys enjoying the sand and waves

The last island that we went to has obviously cleaner and more unadulterated shore. There's a peaceful feeling when you're in this kind of place and yet it's kind of scary thinking what if you get left behind on this far island. Yikes!

3. Beach bumming. After the island hopping tour, there's nothing to do but beach bumming. Hubby and I stayed on the beachfront hammocks. The boys played with sand on the shore even if the sun was in its hottest. I don't remember if we had lunch when we came back but I think we were still full from the breakfast. Maybe the boys ate lunch and I and hubby just had snacks.
The boys played again on the pool with their new found friends.



4. Silent Pool. We visited the Silent Pool again, hoping to enjoy the jacuzzi there and jackpot! There's no one in the jacuzzi. Yey! The boys also played on the pool, jumping in and practicing their handstand under water. It started raining as we went back to our room. We all slept in the afternoon while it rained. It was a good rest.



5. Clam Bake Party. It's quite dark already when we woke up. We went to the restaurant and lounge area for dinner. They have a clam bake party on the beach. Hubby was able to watch the band last night and said that the band was good so we joined the party with dinner buffet. Plus I love seafood! We just ordered food a la carte for the boys.
Have you been in a clam bake party? It's my first time then. They put the shrimps, clams, mussels, squids and crabs in bilao or woven trays. Then cooked them in hot rocks under seaweeds on the shore. It was exciting as they were removing the rocks, seaweeds and banana leaf covers on top to reveal the cooked and salivating seafood. All the people watching clapped their hands in excitement.
The band was indeed good. They sang songs of The Script, Coldplay, Bruno Mars, Jason Mraz and even Adele. I'm not a club party-goer but I enjoyed that beach party. Hubby who was a more conserved type, even danced with me when there were people dancing towards the end of the party. Whenever we hear songs which were sang at that party, we always remember Coco Beach. I'm getting nostalgic; it was a special night. 

How to go to Coco Beach, Puerto Galera? Click the postlink to know. 

Thank you lovelies! Enjoy the rest of the summer! 




Comments