How To Change Your Blog's Template (For Blogger)

This blog is newly rebuffed! And to my excitement, I forgot to take a pic of the old appearance of this blog. but goodbye! I loved it for sometime. Then maybe I matured or something. I got rid of my old theme together with our family pic in my header. I saved the header by the way. 


In case I change my mind. Haha!

This blog now looks simpler and more plain. And easier on the eyes. I still hope I could make the fonts bigger. It's not completely done yet. I plan to do some more tweakings. So please be patient.

I forgot actually forgot how to change the template so I read a bit from google. So here's how I did it:
1. First, search for free blog templates on the internet. If you chose a template from the blogger templates then you don't need to follow these steps as blogger templates area readily applied from the site. This post is when you want to use a template other than blogger templates. Also, this post is for Blogger sites and not Wordpress or others. Steps are different with other sites.

2. Download your chosen template to your computer. Open the zip file and another file folder will open where you will find the contents.

3. Go to blogger dashboard and go to template. Click Backup/Restore button then choose file. Click the .xml file of your template that is inside the templates folder and click upload.

4. The new template should now appear though you would need to relocate some gadgets that may have been misplaced in your blog site.

Hope this helps. 'Til next time! Enjoy!

Comments