Practicing Kaitlin Style

I'm liking my handwriting.
I'm a newbie to calligraphy. Started practicing last week. I particularly like the Kaitlin style modern calligraphy.

Lindsey of the postman's knock blog said you need to start with faux calligraphy first. Using an ordinary pen, you need to get used to the stroke and the thick (shading with your pen) and thins. But i'm doing it short-cut, went straight on using the nib and oblique pen holder. When she also suggested to get used to the feel of the straight holder first before trying the oblique. Well, every once in a while I use my straight pen holder coz I like the feel of it, a bit cushiony. I'll try to make a review of my tools for those newbies to this hobby like me.

As of now, i'm happy that im seeing bits of progress in doing the Kaitlin style. Its quite hard to be thinking about up-thin-down-thick, the slant, the spacing, counting the letters 1-2-3-1-2-3, every letter stroke and style and SPELLING. I ruined a lot of work practices because of all these things in my head, I messed up with the spelling.

Have a great day everyone!

 

Comments