Date With The Boys: Jan. 2016

The "qools" or kulets, always look forward for this time when we date with each one of them.

This aftie, I dated with Gabe first while the daddy dated with Kuya Zach. Then we exchanged dates. We see to it that we talk, no gadgets around. Except for taking pics ehey! We goof around of course. We have fun but the goal is to let them talk and listen to each of them.

I was surprised coz the first minute of my date with kuya Zach today, he immediately said sorry to me for not being obedient to me at times. Maybe his talk with his dad made him realize some things. It's so easy to just go with the flow of daily life. But it really makes a difference when you get to voice out or you get to hear what your kid or the other person is feeling or thinking. I also said sorry to him, although it was just yesterday when we exchanged sorrys. Hehe!

It's also a way of practicing how they express themselves, communicating with someone. Coz when I was small bawal makipag-usap sa matatanda pag hindi ka kinakausap. And usap before was, kumain ka na? Kain ka na. May babayaran po ko sa school. Magkano? O eto, bayaran mo bukas. Parang ganon lang, if you know what I mean. So growing up, I wasn't used to expressing myself. Even simply talking to people was hard for me, sometimes even until now.

My and my hubby's prayer is that our kids will remember the times when we spent time with each one of them. And not the times when we transformed into monster dad or momonster. Or not how terrible we let them feel while they're young. Coz we're not perfect parents, we snap at times when we don't want to. Bribing? No, coz this could be done simply at home. Just doing what we think would fill their love tanks. And what better way than spending quality and quantity time with each of them.

Sorry I talked much this time, haha! Great day everyone!

 

 

 

 

Comments