Sunflower Project: Week 1

If you haven't followed this blog, I first posted about my Sunflower Project: Planting Sunflower Seeds. After 1 week, my sunflowers have indeed grown. The plants are top-heavy by now so they droop and fall especially when those planted in shaded or windy areas. I put stakes using barbecue sticks and tie the plants loosely with yarn. 

Yey! Some seeds that I planted in the pots also grew.

One of the challenges in growing sunflower plants is that they are top-heavy. They tend to droop and two of my plants already broke its stem and died. One of them, our doggie passed by over it so pft! be careful also when watering them. Make sure you water the soil and not on top or by the leaves. It helps when you plant them in well-drained, sunny and not windy or shady areas. Those that I planted in areas where they are exposed to more sun aren't droopy. In short, summer is really the perfect time to grow sunflowers. There's only about 2 weeks left for summer now. So, let's see! 

As of now, I'm happy to see them growing.



Comments