Onigiri: Solution To My Picky-Eaters

Onigiri is simply Japanese rice balls. But warning! They don't only come in balls but shaped or molded in attractive shapes for kids (and adults alike). Been making rice balls for my sons' meals. My son finished all the rice balls that his aunt made him in our visit to their house last Sunday. And that pushed me to start making rice balls for him and his brother. My eldest could eat 10 rice balls half of the time that he used to eat his ordinary serving of rice and viand.

Eating onigiri
Clean plate...amazing!
Rice balls for picky eaters
This is my amateur onigiri with chicken nuggets and barbecue sauce inside.

I listed the food and things I need to buy this weekend for my sons' bento (packed lunch) next week.

Broccoli

Carrots

Baby corn

Green peas

Fish / squid balls or kikiam

Chick nuggets

Hotdogs

Eggs

Cheese

Strawberries

Whole kernel corn (check)

Turnips

Cucumber

Small Cups with lid

Additional molders and shapers

I'm so inspired by this mommy from Hawaii who creates simple and doable bento for her kids.

I got ideas from these bento pics. Did you?

 

 

Comments

Me said…
Its extra work but worth it when you see zero leftovers no? Less stress for your kids during meal time and another avenue to express our creative side ;)