Our Flooring In A Sticky Situation

Hardwood
Been dreaming lately for the time when our flooring would need low maintenance.

For our white vynil floor to look decent, it needs to be cleaned, scrubbed, waxed and buffed at least every two weeks. But for a home with two rambunctious boys, our flooring experiences different kinds of spills and drips of water, juice, milk, chocolate splatters, sauces etc. almost all the time.

Last night, our dining floor was in a sticky situation when my son spilled his glass of strawberry milk. Thankfully, I've read an article lately about a mom who has a positive outlook over spilled milk (or any kind of food). So I was able to exercise the habit of just cleaning up the mess, smile and tell my child, "Thank you for spilling the milk. Now, that area of our floor is clean."

The problem is, I don't have the time and strength to do the waxing and buffing every time the flooring needs one. That's why I wonder when can we be able to change our flooring. I would love to have tiles coz its easy to clean. Or a vinyl flooring that looks like wood. I've seen some nice ones at http://www.carpetonelubbock.com/hardwood-flooring.

I'm also dreaming of putting a carpet so it'll be comfortable for visitors to sit on in the living area since the space won't allow for one more chair in there. But maybe when the kids are bigger and there's less messy situation.



 

Comments

kim said…
i simply want a nice decent floor, lol!