Creating Your Own Blog

I've been receiving comments from friends who have become frequent readers here in my blog. I'm glad to hear that they're inspired by my writings and the simple stories that I share. :D  Some express how they wish to have a blog like mine too. I tell them even urge them to go for it. Especially when I know that they have a lot to share. They're like afraid to start that they might not be able to continue. Or afraid of the technical aspects. Those thoughts are not new to me I said. And we are lucky that easy web designs are available online. All you need to do is muster a little guts to start your blog. If ever you're lost along the way, you can always message me through the comments section or in the chat box. Here's a simple nudge to get you started.
1. For starters without technical know-how (like me), start creating your blog at blogger.com. It's free and user-friendly especially for starters. There's an abundance of templates that are fun and easy to use.
2. Choose your niche. A niche is a category that you want to focus your blog upon. It should be something that you love so you have a lot to share. What is it that you want to talk about? Travel, food and recipes, women issues, motherhood, family, relationships, technology and gadgets? I started this blog with a general category. And now I have categorized topics to be (as much as possible) mostly about my kids so it's probably a mom blog. I have now created another blog that talks more about me and marriage.
3. Decide if you want to monetize your blog or not. If you choose to earn through your blog, just message me here.
4. Lastly, don't be afraid to start your own blog.
Once you pop, you can't stop!    

Comments