High School Life

High school life, ba’t ang high school life
ay walang kasing saya
bakit kung graduation na’y
luluha kang talaga?


I missed singing this song in high school. Skipping 3rd and 4th year meant missing a lot. I didn't experience graduation. I missed the Junior-Senior Prom. I didn't learn about Chemistry and Physics. And most of all, I envy the friendships who have seemed to have been nurtured during the high school days. I felt OP at times when I attended one of the mini reunions. That's natural and expected. Can't really bring back what was lost in time.

Just glad that I have a company with me going home. I was glad that we were able to talk after how many years. He said he envies those, including me, who have made a step already with having their own family. Had I agreed to walk a few blocks of the way home then we should have talked longer and maybe made him feel lighter. He's one of my few close friends in high school. And an unexpected more-than-friends-relationship blossomed when we're in college already. (OOppss! hubby's reading :P) Wishing him all the best in life :D

Congratulations to all who graduated this year!

photo source

 

Comments