The Suspects

From what our electricity bills tell us lately, we need to cut back on our consumption. It's not that big but compared with our neighbor who has bigger fridge (ours is just 4cubic ft.) and use aircon at times, our electricity consumption is a bit higher. We suspect it's the laundry dryer, the water heater and the bigger than usual rice cooker uses up lots of energy. The use of an additional appliance called the tv is also a suspect. We do use the lcd tv just sometimes when we have a good movie to watch. And though this laptop is at work around 12 hours everyday, hubby says 16watts won't be that big at the end of the day. Today, I guess we saved energy for not using the electric fan not often coz it's been raining and the weather is cool the whole day. Plus, starting today, I have limited the use of the boob tube. Instead, I continued reading "Tuesdays With Morrie", a book that SIL lends me. I suddenly noticed earlier that the helper uses the tv like a radio. She turns it on then gets back to washing the dishes while listening to the anime program. I don't know if she noticed the sourness when I turned it off.

The fact is the electrical sockets in our living room and dining area are not working since we moved here. We make do with the ones in the kitchen. We have already reported this to the engineer but no action. Consulting to people like the Atlanta Electrician would be the next big thing if situations get worse. I hope they'll fix it before we reach our first year of moving in here.

Comments