First Day In Kumon

We finally were able to attend Kumon orientation last Saturday. But even before we attended the orientation, we were 95% decided to enroll Zach there. I also scouted for preschools near our place but Kumon really stood out for us. What I liked most about the program is the individualized teaching method or one-on-one with the teacher. So the student is learning at his own pace.

Zach's first day

I enrolled him last Tuesday, and secured a schedule with Teacher Mags. Zach sat down and I heard him saying the words after the teacher. I got excited and kept peeking from the lobby esp when I hear the teacher say "very good!" to him.

There's another pupil seated across Zach at the same table, a girl whom the teacher was also supervising. I saw Zach leaning over the table then he goes out to see me at the lobby then goes back again to his seat. I think he's starting to get bored. Suddenly the girl at the same table is crying and the teacher doesn't know the reason why. She said the two kids were looking at each other and I suspect the girl thought Zach is staring mad at her. Or maybe he made a face. When the teacher came to me after the class, she looked like she had a hard time looking for Zach from under the table. She's sweating on the forehead and face inspite of the aircon. Bad news is she gave us a different schedule of 3pm Tuesdays and Fridays. But it's still good coz she can focus on Zach. My only worry is that the boy might feel sleepy at that time. We'll see tomorrow.

Tuesday afternoon, we already finished reading his worksheets that's supposed to be for the two following days. Wednesday 9am I told him to get ready for his worksheets after watching Spongebob. But he insisted to do it right away then turned off the TV. Wednesday night he insisted on reading the worksheets but I told him I can't coz i was preparing for devotional. He just did it by himself. He recognized almost all of the words through the pictures with only some of the words he doesn't know and asked ate bembem about. I hope his excitement won't fade.

Comments