Fireflies in the Garden

Friday is work-at-home day for hubby. After having lunch last Friday, he invited me to watch a (downloaded) movie from the laptop while he's still downloading some software for his task. Nice excuse huh!

So we watched this movie, Fireflies in the Garden. It stars Julia Roberts, Willem Dafoe, Ryan Reynolds, Carrie-Ann Moss, Emily Watson, Hayden Panetierre and more. The death of a loved one brings the family back together. There's a part where I just wanted to embrace my eldest son. It made me think, "Am I that harsh in disciplining my son?" It showed how the father's roughness destroyed the relationship with his son. In the end, the two were reunited though still there's a bit of a wall between them. The question left in my mind was that are the father and son really united? I asked hubby why the son did not embrace his father among all the characters. His answer was it's because men are just not showy. I realized only now that maybe they're doing it realistically coz you know, broken relationships are not easily mended overnight. It takes time.

If you will watch this movie, standby for the funny part. It's a scene with Michael (Ryan Reynolds) and Kelly (Carrie-Ann Moss).

Comments