I know you understand why I can't help but post this article.
Hubby told me that a cousin died a week after having bitten by an askal (stray dog). After the attack, they killed the dog and made it as a dish while drinking alcohol. He took the bite for granted and didn't take proper treatments for it. His cousin's behavior became abnormal - afraid of the light and water and eats like a dog. They just waited for him to die in the cell.
Lesson Learned: First of all, never provoke an animal. Even if it's a house pet, an animal is still an animal.
If you have been attacked, these are the pointers while receiving vaccination for anti-rabies:
1. Observe the animal for 14 days from the event of the attack.
- changes in its behavior - difficulty eating or drinking water
- biting anything / aggressions - running without any direction
- drooling or excessive saliva
2. DON'T KILL THE HEALTHY ANIMAL. (In our case we didn't know what cat bit our son. But if we knew hubby would have killed it by now anyway :|).
3. If the animal dies while observation is being done, bring the animal's head immediately to a health agency like RITM (Research Institute for Tropical Medicine) to be examined for rabies. Put it in a plastic inside another container full of ice.
4. Bring the animal to the veterinary clinic if it gets sick.
To the Patient:
1. Avoid drinking alcohol, taking steroids and drugs for treating malaria while receiving vaccination for anti-rabies.
2. There might be slight redness, itchiness or puffiness on the area vaccinated. Put a hot compress on the affected area.
3. Take Paracetamol if fever occurs after having a shot.
4. Consult to a physician if there's excessive itchiness, redness or soreness that infects the whole body, difficulty in breathing or relatively high fever.
5. Follow the vaccination schedule given to you.
Pointers courtesy of RITM, Department of Health
Two weeks ago, I dyed my hair in Creamy Ash by Beautylabo . Kaya pala, anlabo nila e. Hehe. The result that you see above is from two wee...
Had a successful trip to Divisoria last Saturday. I didn't expect that Divisoria Mall is a haven for party goods, toys and giveaways fo...
It's our first time to go to Puerto Galera via commute with the kids. I and hubby went there before for our honeymoon via Coco Beac...
You can win a free ticket to a homeschooling public seminar called "Building Blocks of Homeschooling" in this blog! Registratio...
My sons have been playing Plants vs. Zombies again. And I thought the garden, our real garden would look pleasant with sunflowers around. I ...
Hello there! Here's us after the boys' piano and theater class. Our youngest is in theater class at Homeschool Alabang with ...
Hello everyone! Zach has a new teacher in his piano class for a month now. And she recommended for Zach to use a new book as well. He...
We've been praying for something for our family lately. And last night, instead of going home, we stopped by somewhere we don't ...
It's my first time to care for a dog. We have pet dogs before in my parents' house but I was still young to be responsible for it. ...
So, I realized that my blog could still be utilized. I've had this since 2008 and I've had 2 more blogs after sometime. But no...
kids family zach gabe blogging mommy moments food home schooling computers and internet education mommyhood occasions travel and venues leisure thoughts christmas parenting dailies health and beauty celebrations friendships hobbies marriage church inspirations bible books arts and crafts environment homeschooling love women entertainment humor about me calligraphy boys world Cloudy daddy and the boys boracay life DIY party Coron