New Calligraphy Tools

This was my first try with my new calligraphy tools. The hubby surprised me last night. I was speechless. Eehee.

Honestly, it's easier than how they do it on tutorial videos. Bleeh! I'm using hunt imperial 101 nib and speedball oblique pen holder. They both came in the set. The speedball inks and the blue straight pen holder also comes in another set.

I was having a hard time with the black ink so I tried the blue one. I prepped the nibs before using them. I washed them with dishwashing soap and water as Ive seen from blogs. So i wondered why the ink still blobs. I cleaned the nibs again and tried the blue one. Still blobs. I stirred the ink a bit and it worked! So the ink just needs a little stirring I guess. You might not have the same problem with sumo ink.

I'm just excited to write more!

Good morning everyone! Have a great day!

 

Comments