Summer: A Short Story By Zach (Get Your Tissue Ready)

This evening, I heard my sons talking about Summer, their tita's dog, now that she's in doggie heaven. So I told Zach to draw an illustration about her. He had a better idea of making a short story.

He made all of this on his own.

Here's the transcription:

This is for you Tita Candy.

This is Summer, a dog that is loved by many others. This is made for my Tita and her mom. I love you guys.

Summer: I feel sick.

S: Stuff happen.

S: why am I floating?

S: Is this doggie heaven?

S: Who are you?

Yuki: don't you remember? I'm Yuki, your friend......And buncha others too.

Random Doge: The new guy?

S: But I'm sad. Huhuhu

S: I miss my friends on earth and the other dogs.

Y: Aaaww! Don't cry. I'm going to show you something special for you.

S: Wow!

Y: C'mon let's ride it!!

(Sign: To Human Heaven)

Y: Mamay?

(My sons call their lolo, Mamay. It's the BatangueƱo term for lolo as their grandfather is a BatanueƱo.)

Mamay: Yuki? Summer?

S: Mamay!

M: Summer!

The End

Question: I wonder if Summer feels also what I feel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And I was crying typing the end part of this transcription.

I asked Zach about what his question at the bottom part meant. And he was teary eyed when he said, "I feel sad. I miss Mamay."

I was surprised.

Sometimes we're not aware or they might not be expressing it, but kids could be deeply affected by the loss of a close relative. Let's be aware and help them through the process of dealing with the loss of loved ones. They might have questions so let's listen to them. They might have questions that we have no answers for, but it's important that we point them back to God. That God is the only one who has all the answers but we will understand in time. For now, we can find comfort in knowing that God cares for us. He knows what's best and He has a purpose in everything that happens.

 

 

 

Comments