Homeschooling!

What is something new to our family? Homeschooling!

I'll be homeschooling my son starting this year *crazy grin* I'll start with my eldest son first who will be in grade 5. I don't want to put a lot of pressure on myself so we decided to start with one of my sons first. But honestly, going through the past three months, there were thoughts of I might as well homeschool both of my sons now; moments when I was handing the tuition fee to the cashier of the school while enrolling son #2 and then moments when I was listening to Homeschool 101 training at TMA (The Master's Academy). Attending Homeschool 101 feels like sitting in an awesome parenting workshop! 

I and hubby have decided already with considerations made along the way. There were times when I really would've wanted both of them homeschooling this year. We have thought and prayed about it. Next year, hopefully, when I have adjusted to the new routine. Then that's another adjustment for when I'll be homeschooling both of them. Waha! Atleast, by then, I already have an idea what it's all about.

There's always fear for things that we will do for the first time. I know a lot of homeschooling moms and dads can relate to that. If I'm gonna do it, I don't know how things are going to be if I'm going to homeschool both of them now for the first time. I don't know how I'm going to be able to handle the daily testosterone levels in the house with half of the day my full face on it. I want to give myself the "permission to be human" (from Happiness 101 women's worskshop). And as Karyn White sings, I'm not your superwoman, oh no, no, no. You know, my sons are awesome! So awesome that sometimes it's too much for me to take. Moms of two sons or more, I know you know what I'm talking about. Eehee! And I love them. They're God's precious gifts to us. And God designed each of them in a special way.

Kakayanin naman, I think and as many multi-level homeschooling families can attest to. But again, I want to do it with both feet on the ground.

We got my son's books already and they're amazing. I'm so excited to be learning again, now alongside him. I'm still trying to find one of his books from second hand, the The Mystery Of History Vol. 1. Not in this pic, is the novel, My Side Of The Mountain, which he has been reading already before the school has even started.

So, why have we decided to homeschool? That's up next.

Have a blessed day everyone!





Comments