What's The Difference Between A Milkshake And A Smoothie?

Chocolate milkshake and mango-strawberry smoothie
Milkshake and smoothie, are they different or the same? Yes, they are different. But the difference is just how much milk you use. Milkshake has ice cream or milk as the main ingredients while a smoothie has fruits or fruit juices or chocolate as base ingredients. Of course, the ice cubes are always there and sugar or sweeteners are optional. Another thing to remember is that, a milkshake is a drinkable ice cream. Hmmmmm....
So I've been wrong all this time, calling any fruit blended with milk and ice cubes as milkshake. When most of the time, I'm actually making smoothies coz I don't use much milk.
Today, I made chocolate milkshakes for the boys and mango-strawberry smoothie for me. Now, I got it right! But whatever you call it, it doesn't matter as long as the boys love it!

Comments