No-Bake Mango Cheesecake: Recipe and Tips

I've done a no-bake mango cheesecake before and I remember it's easy. What I forgot is the steps on how to do it coz that's years ago. So I searched for some recipes. I followed Edible Garden recipe but I have some mistakes that I wish you wouldn't do. I'll give you some useful tips along.

Ingredients:

crushed graham crackers - 1/5 cup
unsalted butter, melted - 75 grams or 1/3 cup
cream cheese - 1 block (225 gm. Magnolia or 250gm Philadelphia cream cheese)
cream - 170 gm
sugar - 1/5 cup
mango puree - 1 cup
clear gelatine - 1 tbsp
hot water - 1/4 cup

Procedure:
Add the melted butter to the crushed graham crackers. Mix thoroughly and the texture of the crushed crackers should be crumbly and a little little moist but not too moist. Mine is still a little dry as you'll notice in the pic.  The original recipe said 1.5 to 2 cups crushed graham crackers. I used 2 cups and added some more melted butter but I wasn't aware that the texture should be a little more crumbly and not anymore powdery. I should've added a little more butter in it.

Press the mixture in the bottom of a pan or serving glasses. Use your clean fingertips or the back of a spoon. I used the bottom of another glass to press the crackers in. They should now smell like cheesecakes. Refrigerate. But do smell them first :-)

Whisk together the cream cheese, cream and sugar. Mix well until smooth.

Dissolve the gelatine powder in hot water. Add to the mango puree and stir well.

Add half of the mango-gelatine to the cream cheese mixture and keep the other half aside for the top layer of the cheesecake. Incorporate well.


 Take out the refrigerated crust and put the cream cheese-mango mixture on top. Put them back in the fridge.

After 10 mins., add the remaining mango-gelatine mixture on top of the cheesecake. Do this gently so the cheesecake don't blend in with the gelatine. Refrigerate for 6 hrs. or overnight.

Here's my finished product. I used crushed Oreo cookies for my toppings.

My son waited for me to finish making the cheesecakes. After I put the cheesecakes in the fridge, he only waited for 2 hrs. and took one of the glasses.

Tips for making mango cheesecake:
  1. The crust should be crumbly and not dry (before pressing into your pan or glasses).
  2. Soften the cream cheese first by cutting it into cubes and leave it in room temperature. Or toss the cubes in the microwave for 10-15 seconds for quicker result. 
  3. No need to refrigerate the cream before whipping.  
  4. Use glasses for easier serving and nice presentation.
  5. Follow exact measurements. Use proper calibrated measuring tools. I know you're wondering why I didn't use the mango-gelatine for my toppings. I made a simple mistake by estimating the amount of gelatine and didn't use a measuring spoon. I hid those things somewhere and I was too lazy to find them. First, I got too much of the jelly powder so when I mixed it with the mango puree, the mixture became so lumpy. I tried to boil it on stove-top cooker but it didn't work. The second attempt, I think I used too little of the jelly powder. The result, the cheesecake didn't set properly. It's good, I still have remaining mango puree but just enough to mix with the cream cheese mixture and nothing left for the toppings.
My mango cheesecake wasn't 100% successful but it still tastes yummy. My son loved it. I also gave the one in the green food keeper to our close friend to greet them for their wedding anniversary.
They liked it too. The Oreo cookies saved my life! I'll make some again next time. 

Try and try until you succeed.







Comments