Bento Inspired

This was Winter's lunch yesterday. He already ate some luncheon meat pieces and one chicken nugget piece before I could take a pic of the plate.

I added fruit cocktail which he asked for another serving of. He finished all the meat but didn't eat the onigiri though. He might be a little full already because of the Choco sandwich he ate when we came home.

This is the bento that Zach brought to school today for lunch. There's onigiri with hotdogs and cheese inside, hotdog pieces, cheese and strawberries with condensed milk. There should've been vegetables in there too. Only had I waken earlier, waha! :)

Yesterday at lunchtime, the strawberries turned icky as they were mixed with other stuff inside the lunchbox. My bad, I already anticipated that that'll happen but I still put the strawberries in. So I bought a mini dish bowl with a lid in the Japanese store. And it's wonderful! I'll have a separate post about my tools next time.

My picky eaters are quite having fun eating their food now than ever. The trick is to put variety of food with different colors and shapes in your childs plate. It's more effort but it pays when you see your kids eating happily.

 

Comments