Menu For Lunch: Eggplant Omelet And Cream Of Corn Soup

Eggplant and Cream of Mushroom Soup
The eggplant was nearly finished before I realized I need to blog about this menu. Oh! I tell you it's so delicious.

Eggplant Omelet

Cooking oil

2 pcs. beaten egg

1 pc. eggplant

Chinese tofu

Fine Salt

Procedure:

First, boil the eggplant or grill it to separate the skin from the flesh. Then remove the skin from the eggplant. Add a dash of salt to the beaten eggs. Then put the eggplant in and flatten it. Add the cubed Chinese tofu.

Heat the pan and add cooking oil. Fry each side of the eggplant until your desired brown color appears.

It's the usual eggplant omelette, only, I picked the eggplant from our garden. Then I added cubed Chinese tofu. I prefer White Swan Brand. It can be added to soups as it is, soft and tasty. When fried, its crunchy outside and soft in the inside. Plus it has best soya flavor than any others that I've bought from the grocery.

For the dip, combine soy sauce, vinegar and sugar. Add some dill weeds.

Cream Of Corn Soup

Chopped onion and garlic

1/2 Chicken cube

2.5 cups water

3/4 from 425g Can Cream of Corn

Malunggay leaves

Salt

Optional: 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed in 1/4 cup water

Procedure:

Sauté chopped garlic and onion in hot oil. Add the chicken cube and water. Simmer the water then put the cream of corn. For thicker soup, add the cornstarch-water mixture. Let it boil stirring occasionally. Add the malunggay leaves and salt until desired taste. Serve hot.

My kids loved this menu. Though they prefer ketchup for their dip. My youngest son even drank the soup. They finished the serving fast! I'm a happy mommy when they eat like this.

mommy moments

 

 

Comments

Chris said…
congratulations! :D my kids are picky eaters. probably because im also one! :)
Chubskulit Rose said…
Sarap naman nyan! Visiting from Mommy MOments.