K + 12: Start Elementary At Age 6

"K + 12" will be implemented starting this school year 2012-2013. I've taken a closer look just recently at the age requirement paradigm.

We planned to enroll our youngest son Winter to school next year. Hoping he has finished Level 2A (last level for pre-elem) in Kumon already. He's now in Level 3A. But yesterday I checked the age requirement for school kids. And thought my son needs to be enrolled already in K1 this year. So K1- 4.5 y/o, K2- 5.5 y/o then Gr. 1- 6.5 y/o. If he starts next year, then he'll graduate late from college.

And so my hubby was complaining that I told him only yesterday and there's not enough time for him to prepare for my youngest son's enrollment fee. Yesterday, I enrolled my son Zach already thinking that my money in hand is enough for enrollment and books. But the school had increased tuition, miscellaneous fees etc. Good thing, Zach is 50% off in his tuition for achieving the Silver Medal. The discount will be implemented in his monthly tuition fees so in short, I paid almost the same amount as the regular rate for his enrollment, no books yet.

Later, we're going to Jacob A. Young School to inquire and possibly enroll Winter to K1. So for their books, we still need to work it out. I know that God will provide.

Are you also struggling with the enrollment season?

 

 

Comments