Can Boys Get Head Lice?

YES.

My two boys have them. Yucky!

I noticed them itching and when I parted their hair, there are nits (lisa) on their hair shafts. I can't stop removing the nits the moment i saw one. Then i found three nymphs (kuyumad) from Zach's scalp and two from Winter.

I think they got it from mingling with other kids during the summer camp. Head lice are easily passed on when you get head to head contact with people who are infected.

It's good the boys don't complain every time I pick nits from their hair. Everyday I check their head for nits and lice. The other day I got five nymphs from Zach. Yesterday I crunched three adult lice off from Winters head. Now their heads are almost clear of nits. It's uugghh! Nakakagigil when you see a nit or a louse you just want to crush it and hear the crusty sound.

Information says the most effective way to remove the lice is to use a fine comb (suyod) after a shower. Coz lice are immobile when the hair is damp. But the nits should be picked one by one coz even the dead ones are stuck to the hair shafts. And it's not pleasing to have those clinging on your hair.

Lice on the head are tickling when they crawl. But too itchy when they bite the scalp. They live on blood which they suck from your scalp. From the illustration above, female lice lay 4 to 8 eggs a day for the next sixteen days after mating.

You should consult a pediatrician before using medication (shampoos or soaps) or when the itching have caused infections.

 

Comments

Yannie said…
I'm worried pag ang nagkalisa ay yung pamangkin kung sobrang kulot at kapal ng buhok. hehe....
JonaBQ said…
hahaha! onga...buti na lang straight hair ng mga anak ko.
JonaBQ said…
Thanks Arvin :)
Unknown said…
ha ha ha. you're just like my wife. ayaw tantanan ang aming only daughter when she discovers lice on her head.