Honey Cured My Children's Cough

Been hearing that honey is an effective home remedy for cough.

My sons were having coughs for weeks. Before, off we go to the pediatrician immediately if the kids begin to have fever in 2 days. But I didn't want to give them antibiotics this time so I tried giving honey to my kids. That's 5mL honey to my 4 yr. old and 10mL to my 6 yr. old son three times a day. Their coughs are gone after a week!

My kids didn't like the taste of honey in the beginning but they eventually started liking it. My eldest son, Zach even loved it that he drinks honey even after he had his dose.

Now I have a natural and proven alternative to cough syrups and antibiotics.
 
I've read that honey is an antitussive, which means it stops coughing by clearing the airway of sticky phlegm.

Just a note, don't refrigerate your honey coz it affects the natural substance.

Another note, you can start giving honey to kids who are 1 yr. old and above.
 

Comments

Really honey? I should try that, as my daughter easily catches a cough. I'm all for natural remedies! Thanks for posting this :)