Constipation Cure: Gabe's Milk Formula

Dairy products such as milk can cause constipation. Because protein from cow's milk is hard to digest. That's why it's common for babies and adults alike to have constipation. It's not normal however (and very discomforting) but there are ways to relieve constipation.

Personally, it's like a life-long journey finding a milk formula for my baby that would help us avoid painful bouts with constipation. I feel like I've tried every brand in the market. At the first 2 to 3 weeks with a new milk brand, his poop is ok. And then he goes constipating again soon after. So I have to change his milk again.

Goat's milk as prescribed by his pediatrician is really effective. I bought DG milk formula available in the grocery. The only problem is the taste. Even though I mix it with other formulas to even out the taste, he still didn't like it. I always had to slush half of the bottle in the sink like slushing money in the sink. But if your child can be used to it, goat's milk is really helpful.

During walks in the neighborhood 4 months ago, two moms at different instances suggested Nido (1+) from their personal experiences. So we tried it. Until now this is Gabe's milk and I'm happy that he has lesser encounter with constipation.

I'm fond of reading food labels. And from what I read from the Nido label, it has Prebio 1 or Prebiotics. Prebiotics are non-digestible nutrients that promote the growth of natural "good bacteria" called probiotics in our intestines. These friendly bacteria may have several health benefits like aiding digestion and boosting the immunity. OK ka ba tyan?





Comments