Earth Hour Video
Why get involved?
Put simply, because our future depends on it!
Earth Hour has done a lot to raise awareness of climate change issues. But there’s more to it than switching off lights for one hour once a year. It’s all about giving people a voice on the future of our planet and working together to create a sustainable low carbon future for our planet.
You can support Earth Hour by:
- Turning off your lights at 8.30PM on March 27 (Australian Time).
- Showing your support and adding yourself to our world map.
- Adding Earth Hour widgets, logos and banners to your blog or website to help us spread the word. You could even be our Earth Hour Online Supporter of the Day.
- Talking about Earth Hour in your social network by updating your Facebook status, grabbing a Twibbon, tweeting about your support, and more
- Get together with your friends and family, by hosting an Earth Hour party or holding your own candlelit affair
- Rally your local council or community group to run an Earth Hour event for your community
- Encourage your employer and workmates to take part in Earth Hour and make energy savings every day
- Make an Earth Hour Lantern as a symbol of hope for the future.
- Be creative! Find a new way to mark Earth Hour and let us know all about it!
Learn more about Earth Hour here.