Facts About Strawberries
- Strawberries have the unique phenol content which makes them a heart-protective fruit, an anti-cancer fruit, and an anti-inflammatory fruit.
- They're rich in antioxidants, vitamin C and dietary fiber.
- Excellent source of Manganese, needed to maintain normal sugar levels, strong bones, teeth and nerves.
- 1 cup (144 grams) = 43 calories. Good for low calorie diets.
- Store Up To 3 Days In Refrigerator - Put the good strawberries (no molds or damages) in layers of paper towels inside sealed plastic container or bag.
- Store For Months In Freezer - Place in air-tight containers or bags and put in freezer.
- Do not wash strawberries if you want to keep them long. For optimal freshness, wait until you plan to eat them before rinsing the fruits.
Don't miss to eat strawberries in season. It's cheap, healthy and sweet.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!