Talk About The Kitchen

We moved here to our new home last June 7, 2008. Surprisingly, it's been nearly a year ago.

We were able to acquire new appliances and furnitures like the dining set, sofa, tv, bed mattress, laptop (with desk and chair), bedroom cabinet and etc. Those are just some of the basics for the home. Having these things, I can say that I can survive day by day. But as I go on, I find that our house needs more improvement. I really opted not to put decoratives in the living room because I want the kids to be able to move freely around the house; without me having to scold them from time to time to be careful not to break the vases or touch the glass figurines or crystal displays. That's not the improvement I'm talking about but the necessities to be able to have a more comfortable place to move around.

I noticed that I spend quite a lot of my time in the kitchen. One of the top things in my list are the kitchen sinks and counter.
I noticed lately that I need a bigger space to move around in the kitchen especially when I need to prepare more food aside from what I usually do than when we have guests. Thank God for that breakfast nook. It holds the tv and also serves as a divider between the living room and the kitchen.

I also noticed that I am needing more kitchen wares and paraphernalias as time went by than when I started cooking in this kitchen. Our cabinet is now full of things like canisters, food containers, used plastic bags and jars and time arises that they become useful so I can't easily throw them away. Not to mention I need to buy a bigger casserole and additional utensils and flatwares like glasses, bowls and plates for the guests. That means a kitchen shelf needs to be installed for those.

That's just in the kitchen. I've yet to talk about the living room, the bedrooms and the bathrooms. But I'm grateful for our home anyway. Things can wait. There's a time for everything. That's just a homemaker, thinking :)

Good day everyone!

Comments