One Proud Mama

Teacher N: Mommy, nag-achievement test po si Zach kanina. (Mommy, we had an achievement test today.)

Me: Huh! di ko alam na may test sya ngayon. (Huh! I didn't know that he's going to have a test today.)

Teacher N: Di po ba nasabi sa inyo ni Teacher M? (Haven't Teacher M. told you about it?)

Me: Hindi e. Hindi kasi ako ang sumundo sa kanya last Friday. Hindi kame nakapag-review.
(No. Coz I wasn't the one who fetched him last Friday. We weren't able to have a review.)

Teacher N: Nakapasa naman po sya. Nag-spelling po kame at sinusulat nya yung mga missing letters. (He passed the test. We had spelling and he writes the missing letters.)

Me: (dropped jaw) Huh?!

Teacher N: Ang galing-galing nga po nya e. Nagulat nga po ako kasi nakakabasa na sya. Tinanong ko kung ilang taon na sya sabi nya po 3. Huh! sabi ko po, 3 yrs. old ka plng nakakabasa ka na?! (He's so good! I was surprised that he can already read. I asked him hoe old is he and he said 3. Huh! I said, you're only 3 and you can read already!)

I can't wait to go home and while in the jeepney, I was memorizing the achievement test result, the certificate of accomplishment and the small sheet of paper. He can barely write the letters but the score says 5/5. Hehe! His total score is 100/100 finishing it in 4 minutes over the 10 min standard time.

He is now in Level 4A. This time, he needs to to be able to learn to say words with consonant digraphs (today we had bl, cl, fl and gl), long vowels produced by the silent-e and will continue to develop fine motor skills by tracing and copying lettes and whole words. Contents of 4A also include Reading Riddles, Changing Letter Sounds and Famous Fables on Stage. It's exciting that my child will have learned these things when he finishes this level.

I hope we can continue through the Math Program before I enroll him to big school. Coz I'm not sure if we can afford to send him to Kumon if he's already in school. I'm just grateful we have this opportunity now. For now, I'm one proud Mama!

Comments