Kumon Update

Tuesday is Zach's Kumon day. As usual we passed by the new cars along the highway. And I can't help but look at the rows of vehicles on the big glass windows.

As I waited at the lobby, I can't help but smile as I hear the teacher praise Zach when he correctly says the corresponding sounds of almost all the of the letters of the alphabet. He also know the names of colors and different picture words. I heard the phrase "Very good!" in different intonations and with all the emotions the teacher has. And I noticed that i can't already focus on the parenting magazine that i was reading.

I'm happy that my son is excited about learning. There were times when he feels lazy going to the center. But when i tell him that the teacher will be reading and giving him new worksheets, he starts to get ready himself. We were given the worksheets until Monday coz the center will be closed in observance of Good Friday. That's six 20-paged worksheets to read, quite tiring if you think about it. But Zach knows most of the picture words already so sometimes we finish three worksheets within 20 minutes. It's 1 worksheet/day but after finishing one, Zach usually asks for more so we finish all his worksheets in a day. I just review him the following days so he can't get out of the habit of studying everyday. Coz not doing that would be missing the point why we enrolled him in this reading program - to establish his own study habits that he could bring all his school life.

Comments