Zach Schooling

Sometimes, when the school bus arrives, Zach would excitedly peek out and watch as the kid neighbor gets off and until the bus leaves. He would say he will be riding the school bus when he goes to school.

I'm feeling a mix of emotions when I imagine him schooling already. Excited because he'll be learning new and important things for the future. And sad because it would mean he's really growing up and starting to have plans of his own and exercising his budding independence.

I'm also worried about the pressures he would need to face. Firstly, the adjustment of everyday preparing to go to school, homeworks, reviews, exams. And also the pressure of meeting new people, kids and being in a new environment.

Zach is turning 4 years old in July. Honestly, I want as much as possible for him to spend more time at home to as much as possible avoid exposing him to other influences. But at the same time I don't want him to start schooling and learning late for his age. That's why I'm considering Kumon.

From what I know, in Kumon, the child goes to class only twice a week but has homeworks to do during the days that he's home. That means, the mother needs to be there to assist the child and I like the idea of like homeschooling him.

I got more interested when my friend whos child is in Kumon said that it's a one on one class. So the teaching is focused and based on the learning pace of the child.

I found their website and I'm happy to know that there's a branch near our place. I need to inquire more especially about the cost. Still I will be inquiring from schools in the area. Weighing the costs, advantages and disadvantages of enrolling in Kumon versus in a regular school.

What do you think?

Comments