"An Affair-Proof Marriage"

More from our Marrieds Retreat....

Ephesians 5:33

However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.


It's true, what the Bible says. Husbands and wives have different needs that should be fulfilled in marriage. A husband feels loved when his wife respects him. For me, I always want to feel that I'm loved. I feel loved when hubby hugs me, touches me, kisses me or tells me that he loves me.

How do you protect or "affair-proof" your marriage?

Our speaker for this topic was Lito and Raissa Baydo. According to them, we need to fulfill each other's needs for us to keep the relationship going. If one or more of these needs are not met, the other partner tends to look for it from another relationship, which results in hurting each other and other people too. Worse is when children are affected when they see their parents hurting in the process. These are so basic and yet are they easy to fulfill?

Based on surveys, the top 5 most basic needs of husbands in marriage are:

1. Sexual Fulfillment (yes I believe so)
2. Recreational Companionship
3. Attractive Spouse
4. Domestic Support
5. Admiration

For the wives, here are the top 5 most basic needs according to surveys:

1. Affection
2. Conversation
3. Honesty and Openness
4. Financial Support
5. Family Commitment

How about you, do you have the same needs in the same order?

I believe that communication is always important. It does harm when you assume what your partner needs or wants from you. Based on my own experience, it doesn't help when you let your spouse guess your feelings.

My favorite part of the session is when we had an activity in the last part. We were told to face each other and take turns to complete the sentence to each other saying:
1. "I love you because...."
2. "I like it when you...."

Comments