Time To Give

After 3 months, it was my first time to attend our devotional again last night. I tried to listen hard while Zach kept me drawing dinosaurs (that looked like monkeys), monkeys (that looked like aliens), cows (that looked like pigs, hihihihi) and etc etc. I remembered a scene from our wedding 4 years ago. One of our ninang's reminded me to "Be giving!" as she congratulated me after our wedding ceremony. I didn't know what she meant until I was feeling exhausted as the reception progresses. In my mind it's "be giving, be giving!", but my body says "nooohhh." Though I really wanted to be kind to everyone it's hard when you're feeling tired. So I tried my best to smile at the cameras and the guests until the day ended.
Selfishness and laziness are some of my sinful natures. Kuya Bobby (Montealegre), our speaker read Galatians 6:7-9, which says that "A man reaps what he sows." God wants to bless us with every blessings may it be spiritually, emotionally or materially. Ate Susan, our speaker's wife said something like, "And if we are selfish in our giving, God's blessings are withheld. Our harvest is measured by how much we have sown. If we are too lazy to resolve issues in our marriage then we will not be happy." I started picturing our marriage. C'mon wives, let's admit, sometimes when we are tired we serve our husbands with a grudging heart...even just a bit...or is it just me? hehe. If I don't serve him wholeheartedly, will I also be served wholeheartedly? But when we show respect to our husband by giving more of ourself, he will love us more. Husbands need respect while wives need love. And that's another topic.
Our children is a more vivid picture for this topic. They learn through example. If we show them love by kissing, hugging, talking gently to them, that's what they will practice doing. If we pray unceasingly for their health, God will bless their health. Teach them God's word early on and they will grow up wanting to learn more about God. But when we give up easily on teaching them how to love and obey, how will they learn these two things? And I am preaching this to myself. After hearing this my decisions are:
- Serve food to my husband with a smile. Honey, pls. wake me up or shake me when you arrive home, ok.
- Prepare his clothes everyday.
- Give him better massages.
- Give in to his requests. Especially, in bed...yes, you're reading it right.
- I had CS twice so pls. remind me the others.
- Talk gently to my kids.
- Catch them doing good.
- Smile, hug, kiss them more.
- Pray everyday that I would be more selfless.
I realized that my ninang's remark is not only to make me smile for the wedding pics but it's still an important reminder for me after 4 years and counting.

Comments