I Scream For Ice Cream!

Summer is so so so so hot here in the Philippines. And it's happening right now. I remember when I was a child we always buy ice cream from "Mamang sorbetero," one who sells ice cream on a push cart on the streets. I bought one from a vendor weeks ago but it just tastes different, not as good as the one sold when I was a kid. I miss eating that what they also call "dirty ice cream." Is it really dirty? I don't know and I don't care. All I know is that it tastes really good. And I didn't get sick from eating those when I was a kid. Except that my sister hated it after she saw a cockroach's leg in her cone. Maybe that's why they call it "dirty ice cream." We stopped buying for sometime but it didn't matter to me again as time passed. The ice cream dripped from my fingers down to my elbow and I enjoyed licking it vice versa, hehehe.

What my sons would know on this generation are not that kind of ice cream but Dairy Queen, Hagen Daaz or Selecta. Last Sunday we had a taste of Mud Pie Blizzard from Dairy Queen and of course we loved it til the last drop. Yesterday, Zach was asking for one. Thank God we're not near any mall coz he might really not stop from asking til I give him one.

Credits: Dora the Explorer episode for the title

Comments