Soft, Silly, Sponge-y

I enjoy watching Spongebob Squarepants every morning. Do you believe that? Zach watches Blue's Clues and Dora The Explorer while having breakfast. Then after that I'll be the one glued to the t.v. I didn't like Spongebob the first time I saw it. I thought of it as a silly cartoon program with dumb, ugly creatures. And yes they are. But the more I saw it, it becomes funny and cute. I laugh harder than my two year old when Spongebob acts hilariously crazy. He's clever as to think about ways how he could get what he wants but just as dumb to find a solution. He's greedy and manipulative but guilt-drivenly silly to admit his mischief in the end. Sometimes he's an extremely good person but so dumb to not realize that he's being tricked and abused. Sometimes I see myself through Spongebob and could relate how selfish his thoughts are. Makes me laugh even more as I realize how true it could be. Maybe Spongebob is not really for two-year olds. But for adults like me looking for fun and unwinding. Ay-yay-yay-yay-yay!
And here's the voice behind Spongebob, 45 year old New Yorker, Tom Kenny.

Comments