Midlifing

The fact is... I'm turning

40!

this month.

Thanks for the treat Watsons! This is not a Watsons paid ad, just fyi. 🙄

So, what's with getting 40, they say life begins. My life began last year when I got my heart fixed literally! So for me, maybe life begins, again.?

I wasn't really thinking much about my age. I'm actually excited for my birthday. We made plans already. It's been raining in the afternoon lately and I'm saying wait! I still have to celebrate my birthday. Please don't let the rainy season come yet.

Anyway....

Is midlifing real?

This is me lately. I easily get bored listening. I want quietness more than ever. I want to spend more time with myself, with nature and God. I enjoy doing things alone or with less people. I get easily tired and I want to rest more than anytime in my life. But ironically, there are things that I want to try and do for the first time.

I have less physical drive. Oh, you know what I mean, I don't need to expound. But that's sad and hard and upsetting.

If I want to be with people, I want to be with people that I really know and who knows me well. 

I want to see more quality in how I spend my time. I'm more choosy about the things I read, see and watch. I'm getting more emo than ever. I bowled my eyes out, like a crying kid while watching Endgame in the theater.

I notice my skin imperfections more than I do before. My tummy is flabbier and I hate it. Things that were acceptable before are now hard to ignore. 

Forgetfulness has become a regular visitor in my day. For example, I went up to the bedroom to get my towel. Then, I transferred some clothes to the other room and went down, only to get back up again to get my towel.

I picked up my phone to open the course website for my son, then I suddenly don't remember why I opened the browser. 

Well, getting old is inevitable.

If you're going through the same things, please give me your two cents.

Thank you lovelies and God bless us!




Comments