Convenient Cooker

Happy New Year everyone! 

Hope that you had a joyful celebration of the past holidays. What's important for me is those days we're with our families. In short, I had joyful yet simple celebrations with our families. 

Now, let's talk kitchen today. 😊 I've been meaning to tell you about my induction cooker. Coz the holidays, there's been food and of course cooking in the kitchen. Though not much in mine coz we spent our Christmas and New Year's eve at our relative's homes. We  just bought food cooked from my tiny kitchen. But I remembered to share this because I cooked on a rush last New Year's Eve. I've had this single induction cooker for about 2 to 3 years now. Before, I was using a gas stove burner but there are reasons for the switch. For small kitchen and family, this is really very convenient. From experience, the cooker cooks faster than gas stove burner. And yet, the heat transferred from the cooker to the surroundings is 80% lesser than when using a gas stove burner. Unlike when we were using gas stove burner, the heat is all over the house when I'm cooking. You can even touch the top of the induction cooker while cooking. The only thing that gets hot is the food and the pots or pans. So it's safer for kids too. Last year, my 11 year old son started cooking simple fried hotdogs and chicken nuggets on his own for their snacks. He's not intimidated coz there's no burning flame. What's surprising is our electricity bill is still quite the same from before. So I saved P700 on gas every month. It also has an alarm that beeps and the cooker stops working when the food is starting to get charred. I know coz I accidentally forgot that I'm heating a leftover food. Oopps I! The cooker comes with it's own induction friendly pot. Coz it only works with stainless or iron-made cooking pots and pans. There are also non-stick pans being sold in stores which are for induction and stove top cookers. You will know if a pot works on induction cooker if magnet sticks to the bottom of the pan. Or better, I let the sales person try the pan on induction cooker. But I find that cooking on stainless steel is better, especially stir fried vegetables. I've read before that you can't cook fried rice or other meals using induction cooker. I don't know what kind of pan did that guy used. I guess he didn't have a durable cookware like mine, it could even be used as a defense from thieves. Hahaha! But from experience, my cooking experience is even better with induction cooker. Plus plus, no charcoaled pans, no scrubbing pans, I'm so done with that! Thank you! Have a great day lovelies!     

Comments