Aani Weekend Market





















The items that my mom and sis bring home from Aani Weekend Market, most of them, food, are enough to tempt me to check out the place. They've been going there for a number of weekends but I was too lazy to get up early. Alas, I was able to get up early this morning, past 6:30 AM, before my mom knocked on our bedroom. It was my first time to go there. The place is inside FTI (Food Terminal Incorporated) compound just outside our village. As described by my mom, the parking lot is full. Thanks to the car who left just in time as we arrived.

There are a great variety of things you can buy there. Of course hey, it's a MARKET! But what makes it different are the unusual buys such as tapang usa and baboy ramo. Most of them are good buys. Especially if you're into organic food. There are organic vegetables like pechay, lettuce, carrots and cabbages. My sis bought a dozen of organic eggs for my niece who is allergic to other kinds of eggs and chicken except for the organic ones. Last week she bought a liter of goat's milk. I didn' t like the taste much or maybe I'm just not really a milk lover.

A number of people are there for breakfast of lugaw, tapsilog, pancit, ube halaya, bibingka or puto bumbong and other kakanin. My father had pancit palabok. The buco juice tastes natural unlike those that are commercially sold. The taho I bought for Zach also tastes good not like the ones we buy from 'manong.'

Father is eyeing the papaya plants that according to the seller, will bear fruit when it grows one meter in height. Mom bought some cooked food of chicken barbecue and kare-kare, which we ate for lunch.

I brought home lugaw with egg and lumpiang sariwa. Btw, this is the only lumpiang sariwa that I favored the taste that's why I bought one coz I craved for more when mom bought home one before which was shared with the folks.

Will surely come back there next weekend coz I'd like to buy fresh fruits. And I haven't really seen most part of the market.

Comments